Household bills and accounts

0345 600 3 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (for non-household billing enquiries, please contact your retailer).

Make an enquiry
More contacts

Water supply and sewerage

0345 600 4 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (emergencies only at other times)

Make an enquiry
More contacts
Contact us
  • Got a leak?

    Metered customers

    Don't worry if you have a leak and it has affected your bill - you generally won't pay more than you usually would.

    We normally give a full allowance for water and sewerage charges.

    If we know that a leak has been repaired and we have the information we need, we'll make the allowance automatically. 

    If you think you are entitled to an allowance, you can apply by completing our online form:

    Leakage allowance form

    Need to know

    • We usually give a full allowance against your excess water and sewerage charges due to leakage and we'll give it to you once the leak has been repaired.
    • We calculate your allowance based on your normal usage. You won't have to pay your affected bill until we've done this. If you are a newly metered customer, we'll take readings after the leak has been repaired to work out your normal usage.
    • We'll backdate the allowance to a maximum of two years.
    • If you ask for a second or subsequent allowance, we may ask you to show us that you are keeping a regular eye on your water supply, eg, by taking meter readings and dealing quickly with unexplained use.
    • We won't give you an allowance if the leak was caused by negligence by you or by someone acting on your behalf.

    Sewerage only customers 

    Your water may be supplied by Bristol Water or Bournemouth Water and your sewerage service from us. If your water company gives you an allowance for leaked water, we'll adjust your sewerage charges as well. We'll still consider giving an allowance for your sewerage charges even if you don't get an allowance from your water company. We would need proof of the leak repair though, eg, the plumber's bill.

Close this message