Sutton Poyntz water supply museum, Dorset
The site is not only a water supply museum but also a spring source and current day pumping station. This means there are plenty of opportunities for history, geography and science topics to be studied.
- lecture hall with seating for 60 pupils
- disabled access and toilet (please ask for further details)
- television and video
- museum with informative displays and artefacts covering 200 years of water history
- natural history display
- literature and field study equipment to use during the visit
- spring source
- access to the River Jordan
- outdoor work benches.
Sutton Poyntz pumping station, Sutton Poyntz, Weymouth, Dorset DT3 6LT
The site is situated in the village of Sutton Poyntz off the A353/A352 from Weymouth to Wareham.Once in the village, take the right hand fork and continue past The Springhead public house on your right. The museum is straight ahead approximately 100 metres past the public house. Parking and a coach turning point are available.
Please consider the environment before printing this page Printer friendly page