About our apprenticeships
An apprenticeship at Wessex Water will give you an opportunity to fulfil your potential.
We have a dedicated apprenticeship coordinator to support your training and to ensure the start of your career with us is both positive and productive.
Many of our past apprentices are still working with us and some of now in senior management roles.
There are apprenticeship opportunities across our business and region, from engineering to customer service and construction to finance.
As an apprentice you will be doing a real job, gaining practical experience, training and knowledge.
Salaries range from £8,000 to £14,000 depending on the level and last between 15 months and four years.
What we offer
- Learn – from Level 2 (the same as five GCSEs A-C/4+) through to degree apprenticeships.
- Support – receive mentoring and pastoral support.
- Travel – support with travel expenses and co-ordination.
- Benefits – pay above the apprenticeship minimum wage. All your training costs will be covered too.
- Future – benefit from excellent progression opportunities.
- Holiday – 24 days plus bank holidays.
- Fixed term contracts – full time posts available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidates.
Training is tailored to the specific type of apprenticeship and could involve:
- day release – one day a week classroom-based training
- block release – an extended period of classroom-based training
- workshop – one day a month in a Wessex Water training environment
- work-based learning – all training delivered in the workplace.
We work with Weston College and Bridgwater & Taunton College to deliver training. If you don’t live nearby, residential options may be offered.
You can find out more about specific training on the technical apprenticeship page.