Targeted at young people at risk of long-term unemployment, the Kickstart Scheme is a new initiative launched by the government.
You qualify to apply for a placement if you are aged 16 to 24 and claiming Universal Credit.
A placement will help you to become more employable by providing you with the work and skills you need to start and develop a career.
As a ‘Kickstarter’ you will be required to work 25 hours a week for six months.
We like to go the extra mile so we are offering each ‘Kickstarter’ who join us:
- a personal development plan
- support from our early careers adviser and education adviser
- a certificate in ‘Employment, training and personal development’ delivered by Weston College
- a certificate in ‘Digital Skills for Work’ delivered by Weston College
- individual advice and guidance session
- support to look for long-term work
- support developing a CV
- interview preparation and guidance
- basic work skills development
- time to search for a job
If you impress us we will help you apply for one of our permanent full-time roles and we will also tell other local employers and our supply chain that you’re looking for work.
Applications for our Kickstart Scheme are a little different to normal job applications - we don’t need a CV from you.
Instead there will be a short questionnaire for you to complete followed by an online discussion with one of our early careers team. Finally you will have an interview with the recruiting manager.
We will work together to find the best placement for your location and your development and skills needs.
Placements could include:
Office based roles:
- office assistants
- laboratory support
- business improvement assistant
- buyers assistant
- legal searches support
Roles based outside:
- construction site assistant
- water recycling assistant
- fitters mate
- asset improver assistant
- bio-resource site assistant
- de-watering assistant at Hinkley Point C
- warehouse operative
- mechanical workshop assistant
Placements are based across our region. View our map to see if we have one close to you!
This map will help you identify where our vacancies are based.
You can use the filter below to select the type of post you're interested in; be it, Kickstart, Apprenticeships, Industrial Placements or Graduate positions.
Click on the icon to find out more about the position.
Requirements to be considered for Kickstart:
- Aged between 16 – 24 years old (up to 25th Birthday).
- Claiming Universal Credit.
If you are looking to become a Kickstarter at Wessex Water and are interested in finding out more about our Kickstart job placements, contact your Work Coach at your local Jobcentre.