Are you a highly numerate individual who is passionate about analysing data to achieve important company objectives? Do you want to help create and shape strategy in a key area for the business? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
As part of the economic regulation team, the senior commercial analyst is responsible for the detailed analysis and forecasting of the company's income position. You will also be calculating the charges for our services and utilising econometric modelling to support regulatory finance objectives. Reporting to the regulatory data and charges manager, you will have an affinity for data analytics, along with a talent for understanding and ensuring accuracy when reporting complex data.
This role will be responsible for:
* analysing the monthly and annual income position for the board and senior leadership, being able to explain any differences to budget
* forecasting the regulated income to inform the annual income budget
* calculating the charges for our services that raise more than GBP 500m per year from our customers: households, retailers, developers and new entrants
* working with other departments to deliver the optimum charges proposition
* updating and running the models that monitor performance against our regulatory settlement
* supporting regulatory accounting separation calculations and the reporting of costs
* supporting data analysis for regulatory submissions such as the annual review
* providing charging and strategic support to key internal customers
* contributing to the improvement of data best practice in and beyond the economic regulation team.
Competencies and skills
* degree level (or equivalent experience) in a numerate subject
* excellent Microsoft Excel skills
* at least two years' experience in a relevant industry or role
* highly numerate
* the ability to manage long and short-term projects, balancing multiple projects simultaneously
* the ability to communicate on multiple levels with customers, directors and colleagues
* proactive engagement with key customers and stakeholders
* attention to detail and getting things right first time
* balancing competing objectives
* self-motivated with the ability to plan own workload
* the ability to find a path through a complex problem
* communicate complex problems in simple terms
* flexible and enthusiastic about getting involved in other areas and diverse, new projects.
* experience in pricing or charging
* experience in a regulated industry or field
* experience in using statistical packages or programming languages for data analysis, such as SPS, R, Stata, Python, VBA, etc.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.
We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. We are an equal opportunities employer. You must be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK and proof of skills and qualifications gained. Appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks.
We respect and value everyone’s contribution. Wessex Water is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages the many skills, interests, backgrounds and experiences that people from different social groups can bring. We strive to provide a workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.