You are at the heart of our business - we supply 1.3 million people with water and treat and take away sewage from 2.8 million customers living in our region.
You rate the service you receive from us very highly and in the past year we have:
- maintained our position as one of the top water and sewerage companies in Ofwat’s SIM satisfaction surveys league table.
- retained service to all customers during the extreme “Beast from the east” weather
- kept our government Customer Service Excellence award.
- continued to make progress on our affordability action plan, leading to a 37% increase in the number of low income customers receiving support with their bills or debt
- launched seven new projects in hard to reach areas to promote our discounted tariffs to customers.
- launched 10 new projects, working with the Quartet Community Foundation, to improve financial capability and money management
- demonstrated our commitment to accessible and inclusive services for all by retaining the British Standard for inclusive services provision (BS 18477), the Keep Me Posted award and the Louder than Words charter mark.
As well as offering self-service features on our website including live chat and a frequently asked questions agent, we continue to retain the personal telephone answering service which we know is valued by so many of you.
Our continuing focus on improving the service has resulted in:
- 96% of our customers rating our service as very good or good
- 84% rating our service as very good or good value for money
- 75% saying it takes little or no effort to resolve their query.