You are at the heart of our business - we supply 1.3 million people with water and treat and take away sewage from 2.8 million customers living in our region.
You rate the service you receive from us very highly and in the past year (2018-19) we have:
- maintained our position as one of the top water and sewerage companies in Ofwat’s service incentive mechanism
- received the lowest number of complaints of the water and sewerage companies according to the Consumer Council for Water
- retained our government Customer Service Excellence award, the British Standard for inclusive services provision (BS 18477), the Keep Me Posted award and the Louder than Words charter mark
- continued to deliver initiatives within our strategy for customers in vulnerable circumstances. A 15% increase in the number of low-income customers receiving support with their bills or debt and a 15% increase in the number registered for Priority Services.
As well as offering self-service features on our website including live chat and a frequently asked questions agent, we continue to retain the personal telephone answering service which we know is valued by so many of you.
Our continuing focus on improving the service resulted in the following in 2018-19:
- 96% of our customers rated our service as very good or good
- 92% saying it takes little or no effort to resolve their query
- 69% rated our service as very good or good value for money.