Sustainability at Wessex Water
We aim to be a truly sustainable water company.
The basic, simple meaning of sustainability is the ability to continue. Forum for the Future describes sustainability as: "A dynamic process which enables all people to realise their potential and improve their quality of life in ways which simultaneously protect and enhance the Earth's life support systems.”
For us to be sustainable we aim to:
- protect and improve the resources and services provided by the environment, that are used or affected by our operations
- give employees the opportunity for personal development and a satisfying career
- have the highest standards of customer service and value for money, plus relationships with all stakeholders that are responsible, clear and co-operative, and governance and policies that lead to sustainability
- provide a stable return for investors on their investment, commensurate with the risk taken.
To achieve these outcomes we will:
- adopt the working practices and systems that are needed for progress to be made
- embed sustainability into our business management and operations
- work with our employees and outside interests – customers, our shareholder and investors, regulators and government, contractors and suppliers, interest groups – to make sustainability a central part of day-to-day work
- set clear sustainability targets
- monitor and report on our progress.
Sustainability runs through the heart of what we do and our owners, YTL. Further information can be found at YTL Sustainability.
If you have questions or would like to know more, email email@example.com