First time sewerage

If you live in an area which lacks public mains drainage, you can ask us to consider providing a new sewerage system.

Applications are accepted from parish and district councils or groups of householders and are often a result of the Environment Agency identifying pollution problems.

We will investigate if a scheme is viable and will carry out an economic assessment to compare private options to public solutions. If it is viable, we will confirm when it could proceed.

If a scheme is not viable, we can advise on alternative options.

Before making an application, please have an initial discussion with our regional engineers who deal with first time sewerage enquiries.

Development North
01225 522682
Wessex Water, Kennet Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8RN

Development West
01823 225225 
Wessex Water, Riverside, Chilton Trinity, Bridgwater, TA6 3JS

Development South
01202 643461
Wessex Water, Poole STW, Cabot Lane, Poole, BH17 7BX

Contact us