Connecting to water supply

Connecting to water supply

If you need help with your water supply needs on site, you can call on the expertise of our developer services team to provide you with the best solution that suits your specific need.

Whether you are looking to connect a single property to our network or need to service a new development site, you can choose to have an approved self lay contractor undertake the work, or ask us to provide a cost estimate to carry out the work for you. The choice is entirely yours to make.

If you choose to employ a self lay contractor, they must be suitably accredited under the Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS). There are also options for a developer to seek a new appointment to provide water and/or sewerage services for a specific geographic area. Find out more on the Ofwat website.

Our central team is based in our Bath office and our regional engineers are based at Bridgwater, Poole and Trowbridge. We can offer a wide range of technical advice and guidance about water supply issues on construction sites.

In all cases we aim to provide you with the best customer service experience. However, should you be unhappy with any aspect of the service or solution provided, your complaint should be directed to Nigel Martin, head of developer services, in the first instance.

How we redress our failure to meet the commitments we have made in any aspect of our developer promises and procedures is detailed in our redress statement.


Select this if you are an Accredited Entity (Self Lay Provider), or where you are using one to lay a new water main serving multiple properties

Building near or over water main

If you’re building near or over a water supply pipe, you can find more information here.