Sewer diversions

If you are planning a new development, an extension to a property, building a garage or conservatory, you will need to consider whether there is a public sewer in the way.

If you want to build over or near a public sewer, you must agree protection measures with us before you start.

If you are unable to alter your plans, we may agree to a diversion. We will advise whether it is a major or minor diversion and what you should do next.

Building over or near applications are dealt with by our sewer protection team based in Bath and sewer diversions by our regional engineers.

A number of our documents are currently under review – if you cannot find what you were looking for, please contact a member of our team and we will advise you what to do.

Contact us

Development North
01225 522682
Wessex Water, Kennet Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8RN

Development West
01823 225225 
Wessex Water, Riverside, Chilton Trinity, Bridgwater, TA6 3JS

Development South
01202 643461
Wessex Water, Poole STW, Cabot Lane, Poole, BH17 7BX