We are committed to giving a first-class service to our customers, one that exceeds the standards we are required to deliver by law. However, we know that sometimes things can go wrong and you have told us that when this happens, you want us to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Here we set out how we will redress the situation where we fail to meet your expectations or our promise to you.
Our overriding principle here is to deliver each step of the process required for you to achieve your connection to our services at the right time, to suit your programme of work, at the right cost, irrespective of how you have chosen to have your new connection works delivered.
When we don’t get that process right at any stage, our first action is to acknowledge and correct the error, understand the impact it may have had on your programme of works and recover the situation as soon as possible. You can review the delivery timescales for those principle stages on our promise
Where failure of any aspect of the developer services we offer has directly incurred delay, additional cost or material loss to you, we will review the circumstances with you honestly and sympathetically, compensating appropriately on a case by case basis.
Written complaints should be directed to: Nigel Martin, Head of Developer Services, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org These will normally be resolved within 10 working days following receipt of the complaint.
These redress arrangements are temporary, they are provided in line with the requirements of Ofwat's new Adoption Code; we currently are working with Water UK and other developer stakeholders to identify appropriate redress arrangements that can be applied consistently across the sector
We are committed to giving you a first class service that exceeds the standards required by law.
- respond within statutory timescales to planning enquiries
- respond within 21 calendar days on specific sites needing a more detailed answer.
- acknowledge applications for new service connections/mains within five calendar days
- provide quotes for new service connections within 28 calendar days
- provide estimates within 28 calendar days for new water mains requisitions (including self lay), or 42 days for larger sites or those requiring offsite reinforcement
- construct new mains within 90 calendar days of agreement being signed.
acknowledge sewer requisition applications within five calendar days
- construct requisitioned sewer within 90 calendar days of agreement being signed
- acknowledge sewer adoption submissions within 14 calendar days
- provide technical assessment of sewers proposed for adoption within 28 calendar days
- provide a draft legal agreement within 14 calendar days on receipt of all necessary information
- respond to applications to connect to the public sewer within 21 calendar days
- respond to applications to build over/near public sewers within 21 calendar days.
- respond within seven calendar days to general asset location enquiries.
Fees and charges
Our fees and charges are clear and reviewed annually
All fees and charges are published in relevant booklets, leaflets and guidance notes which are available to download from this section.