We treat and supply 275 million litres of water a day to 1.3 million customers across the south west of England, including most of Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire, with every customer receiving approximately one tonne of water every week.
- 180 water sources and water treatment works
- 200 booster pumping stations
- 300 service reservoirs and water towers
- 11,945 kilometres (7,422 miles) of water mains.
We have reduced leakage to 61.4Ml/d, below the agreed target of 66.5Ml/d for 2019-20.
We also met our target of fixing 80% of leaks reported to us in the same day and are now fixing more than 1,000 leaks every month.
We are one of only two companies to commit to fixing as many reported leaks as possible within a single day.
From 2020 to 2025 we will be cutting the amount of water that leaks by a further 15%.
Our major integrated supply grid project enables us to:
- reduce abstractions from sensitive groundwater sources
- move water more efficiently around our region
- ensure future demand is met
- improve the resilience of supplies to our customers.
In 2019-20 we met the target of 42,000 properties being supplied by a single source.