We treat and supply 280 million litres of water a day to 1.3 million customers - approximately one tonne of water to every customer weekly across the south west of England including Dorset, Somerset, Bristol, most of Wiltshire and parts of Gloucestershire and Hampshire.
- 180 water sources and water treatment works
- 200 booster pumping stations
- 300 service reservoirs and water towers
- 11,800 kilometres (7,300 miles) of water mains.
We have reduced leakage to 67.7Ml/d, below the agreed target of 67.9Ml/d for 2017-18.
We are one of only two companies to commit to fixing as many reported leaks as possible within a single day - and this year we raised the bar to 76%.
Our major integrated supply grid project was completed in 2018.
The grid enables us to:
- reduce abstractions from sensitive groundwater sources
- move water more efficiently around our region
- ensure future demand is met
- improve the resilience of supplies to our customers.
In 2017-18 we have reduced the number of properties supplied by a single source by a further 42,000 ahead of the agreed programme.