Hydrate feel great
Tap into a healthier lifestyle in 2019
We’re on a mission to get everyone in our region hydrated and feeling great throughout 2019.
Whatever your age, drinking tap water throughout the day is one of the easiest (and cheapest) things you can do to stay fit and healthy.
Our top tips to tap into a healthier lifestyle
- Pinch your skin and if it doesn’t bounce back right away, it’s time to drink more tap water.
- Drink eight glasses of water a day to feel good. That’s one glass every two hours.
- Swap sugary drinks for tap water or herbal teas and protect your teeth from tooth decay :-)
- Put lemon, lime or orange slices into a jug of tap water for a refreshing drink.
- Eat hydrating foods - watermelon, pineapple and strawberries.
- Remember tap water is fresher and cheaper – its costs up to 300 times less than bottled water.
- Stay hydrated on a night out by drinking one glass of water for every glass of alcohol (adults only)
- Sleep better at night by staying hydrated during the day. Sweet dreams!
Stay hydrated and Sugar Smart
Water is a healthy alternative too sugary sweetened drinks.
Why not make it your new year's resolution to take a refillable bottle with you during 2019 and fill it with tap water.
It will help you to avoid fizzy drinks and keep you within the recommended daily sugar recommendation.
7.5 teaspoons of sugar is the daily recommended amount for adults and children aged 11+
We have joined forces with Sugar Smart teams across the South West to share the message that drinking water is really important for long-term health!
Find out more about how the team at Sugar Smart are encouraging people to make simple swaps to reduce their sugar intake.