Find out about our latest improvements and any upcoming closures, as well as viewing important information about our fishing and recreational activities.
- We made improvements to our visitor’s car park to increase capacity. Knee rail fencing was also installed to help show customers where to park.
- We carried out maintenance and environmental works around the site, which involved woodland management, hedge cutting, tree safety work and footpath maintenance.
- Because of Clatworthy’s depth and altitude, it remains cooler and clearer than our other trout fisheries. It is our most resilient fishery to warmer, drier weather and has had a relatively strong season.
- We increased our planned stocking by over 2,000 fish to meet demand and kept it well stocked throughout summer. The rod average for the year to date is three and around 5,000 fish have been caught.
- We will review the season dates along with the other sites, but because Clatworthy experiences fewer challenges expect this to be broadly in line with the current dates.