- Lifejackets must be worn at all times when on pontoons or boats – these can be borrowed from the fishing lodge and returned daily.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn.
- The engine kill cord must be secured around the driver’s leg at all times when the engine is running.
- Ensure you have alternative means of propulsion, such as oars or a paddle.
- All boats must be returned to the pontoon before dusk.
- Keep clear of other boat users – propellers are dangerous.
- In the event of someone falling in the water, approach slowly from downwind and turn off the engine upon making contact with the person.
- People who fall in the water get cold quickly – ensure you return to the lodge as soon as possible to warm up and avoid hypothermia, while also informing a ranger.
Please read our full safety advice when using a boat.