Are you looking for ways your organisation can raise funds to run and deliver a community project?
If your project supports community cohesion or promotes the use of water to build stronger communities, the new Wessex Water Community Fund might be able to help.
Funding of up to £1,500 is available for projects that are helping those who most need support or those bringing people together.
Your application will be given priority if your group is:
- working in areas of financial deprivation or rural isolation
- raising awareness of drinking water for healthy living
- promoting water saving initiatives.
Depending on where your project is based, your application will be dealt with by one of the four community foundations in our region.
These foundations are well placed to understand and address need through their experience and knowledge of making grants in their local areas.
The Wessex Water Community Fund is part of our commitment to supporting healthy and strong communities across our region, one of the most beautiful parts of the UK.
Groups which have received funding include:
- Bristol North West Food Bank - £1,500 to install a shower facility, particularly for use by homeless people, and an accessible toilet at the new Social Justice Hub in Avonmouth
- South West Fishing for Life - £1,500 to provide fishing coaches to support women living with or recovering from breast cancer to take part in therapeutic activities.
You will find the contact details and application open dates for each of the community foundations below. If you need more information, please contact the relevant community foundation.