You can enjoy a walk around Backwell Lake, near Nailsea, which is a haven for a diversity of wildlife including grey herons, pipistrelle bats and rare dragonflies.
Please help us to protect this wildlife haven by:
- not fishing, cycling and swimming
- supervising children at all times
- keeping a safe distance from the water
- placing litter in bins provided or taking it home with you
- keeping dogs on leads and disposing of their waste safely in onsite bins
- using the car park only if you are visiting the lake.
Opening times: No opening restrictions.
Location: Backwell Lake is between Backwell and Nailsea, North Somerset
Postcode: BS48 1TN
OS grid reference: ST478964
Public transport: Nailsea and Backwell Station is 0.1 miles away. Local buses serve Station Road; the nearest bus stop is at the railway station.
Cycling: The National Cycle Route 33 ends 0.5 miles south of the lake on Backwell Common with the rest of the route via a main road. Please note that no cycling is allowed on site. A bike rack is provided at Nailsea and Backwell Station.
Walking: Local footpaths from Nailsea and Backwell end across the road from the lake.
Mobile phone/data signal: Network dependent